Sunday, June 13, 2010

blog stalking?

So, sitting waiting to leave for church, I decided to see why it is that I could not use my name in my blog address. After reading about a stay at home mom, I stumbled across a page in Portuguese... I know cool right? Having handy dandy chrome, I translated the page and this is what I found:

A WORD CAN CHANGE EVERYTHING!

There was a blind man sitting on the sidewalk in Paris, with a cap at his feet and a piece of wood, written in white chalk:
"Please help me, I'm blind."
A publicist, he stopped and saw a few coins in the hat. Without asking permission, took the poster and chalk, and wrote another ad and went away. Later he returned to the advertising spend in front of the blind. Now, his cap was full of coins. The blind man recognized the footsteps and asked if it was he who had rewritten his sign, wondering what was written there. The Advertiser said:
"Nothing that is not in accordance with their listing, but with other words"
He smiled its way. The blind man never knew, but his new sign read:
- Today is Spring in Paris and I can not see it.

I think this Donna Jo found something profound... A word really can change everything. It is just like today's culture that would give more to someone who appeals to our emotions rather than to our pocketbook.

No comments:

Post a Comment